Paula and Rebecca attended Club Femme, Westoboro, MA, Friday night, 5/14, and it was fun. It is held the second Friday of the month. It was better than what we expected. Here’s our thoughts:
- Easy to find location
- Excellent signs as you drive into the parking lot so you know where to park and walk to. This is a good thing otherwise you’d get lost
- Very safe parking lot that could use more lighting
- Very friendly staff as you walk in. Happy to see you & welcoming
- Very Clean. The ladies room is CLEAN and well lit.
- As you walk in there is a very large bar area and lounge for normal
- volume conversation. Club Femme puts out a party platter of cheese and crackers to munch on.
- Directly off the bar area, to the right as you face the bar, is a large dance floor with seating
- The cover is $15.00 but cheap when you consider parking costs in Boston for upscale places like Club Cafe, PURE, Machine are at least $15.00 and then cover of $5 to $10
- The drinks were reasonably priced. I bought a round for two friends and myself of rum and coke, diet coke and glass of chardonnay and it came to $12.00 The drinks were tasty.
- The DJ was excellent and professional. He was extremely versatile, playing a wide range of dance music, taking requests (from Latin dance music to disco standards) and not blasting the music but still providing a club atmosphere that is comfortable.
- The lighting the DJ used was surprisingly better than in any of the Boston clubs.
- Club Femme provides makeup artists for makeover services for a fee and, for those gals who need it, any of us can get super pretty at Club Femme’s changing space.
- A special treat was a live performance by Tom the Entertainer. He has a great voice and does impersonations. Except for a couple of rough spots he was actually very good. It was an unexpected and pleasant surprise.
They had approximately 50 people there last night though it felt like much less because the location is large. It is definitely a mixed crowd
of gentlemen and trans-women. We talked to Jon, the lead promoter last night and Club Femme is open to everyone in the community.
While Club Femme is billed as a “private party” it is actually in a public venue but discrete. For those gals who like a bit more discretion or are starting to get their confidence up going out in public, Club Femme is really perfect. If you are out and about in the world without an issue, Club Femme’s DJ is worth bringing friends with you to dance to. He’s that good.
Club Femme Contact Info: Jon, email@example.com
Club Femme is the second Friday of the month:
– ACACIA Functions @ Indian Meadows C. C.
– 275 Turnpike Rd. Rt9 Westbound
– Westborough, Ma. 01581
– Join Club Femme’s Yahoo Group for more info: