First Event 2016 transgender conference will feature gender specialist training. The First Annual Professional Training On Clinical Practice as a Gender Specialist. “Advancing Clinical Competencies, Knowledge And Critical Skills For Beginning And Advanced Gender Specialists”.
This is a one day professional training for mental health clinicians. Clinicians who attend will have the option of attending one track for the day or navigating other tracks throughout the day. Lunch will be included in your registration to give participants time to network. CEU’s will be offered and are pending for LCSW, LICSW, LMHC, LMFT .
It is estimated that there are 35,000 to 45,000 transgender people in the Greater Boston area. The need for clinicians to have familiarity and training in the needs of the transgender community is very real and this one day, multi-track, therapist training program will properly equip area clinicians to help this population.
- Basic Concepts in Gender Dysphoria, Transgenderism
- What does a gender specialist do? The early phase: What does your transgender client need?
- Assessment and working with The New Generation “TNG”: Transgender youth
- Assessment and working with The New Generation “TNG”: Gender non-conforming children
- Working with spouses, significant others, partners, families and children of transgender clients
- Getting it covered: Advocating for insurance coverage
- Many more topics included in this professional clinician training
To see the entire list of classes, more details on this training, pricing and more details please visit First Event 2016 Professional Training Program.
Student and group discounts are available.
This program is sponsored by: