How to Change Your Name and Gender Marker on your License and Other LegaL ID in Massachusetts

how to change your name and gender marker on massachusetts legal identification like drivers license  If changing your name and gender marker on your legal identification is part of your journey, we’ve got some help for you.  This includes help for changing your license, birth certificate or even passport.

The first resource is the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalitions (MTPC) handy on-line guide to changing your ID.  The guide is online, requires no registration and you can reach it here:  MTPC Name and Gender Marker Change Kit

The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) also has a helpful guide.  One of the differences between the MTPC Guide and the NCTE guide is that the NCTE guide will also give you information about changing your birth certificate in a different state.  you can reach the NCTE guide here:  NCTE Name and Gender Marker Guide 

If you run into any questions, let us know here at and we’ll do our best to connect you with someone who can try to help!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close