Since 1972, SpeakOUT Boston has conducted peer-led training programs to prepare LGBTQIA* community members to effectively tell their personal stories to create positive social change. Our clients are seeking ways to create safer and more rewarding spaces for LGBTQIA people through education and dialogue. Yearly, SpeakOUT Boston offers a scholarship to undergraduate LGBTQIA+ student or prospective students entering college/university by the fall 2019 semester, living in New England, and holding a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Here’s the details on how to apply for the scholarship:
Award: There will be two $500 scholarships awarded in 2019. Each awardee will also be given the opportunity to take SpeakOUT’s Speaker Training for free.
- Students will be required to submit by midnight March 29, 2019:
- A 1-2 page type-written personal story discussing how they have grown to understand, accept, and take pride in their sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
- A letter of recommendation for the scholarship
- Grade Transcripts
- Submit the required documents to email@example.com or via mail to: SpeakOUT, P.O. Box 301223, Boston, MA 02130.
- The student must submit proof of enrollment in a college/university before the award is made. Notification of award will be no later than June 1, 2019.
- For more info or questions, visit the Speakout Boston Scholarship Website or call 877-223-9390 or email info@SpeakOUTBoston.org
*LGBTQIA+ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, and related identities such as Pansexual, Gender Non-Binary or Non-Conforming.