One of the things we like to do at Trans Club of New England, TCNE, is to volunteer. And we do alot of it. From the many volunteers who help make First Event, our yearly conference, come alive every year to opportunities like our Volunteers and Visibility actions. And the next volunteer action is coming up fast!
Our next action is on February 22, 2020 with Boston Health Care for the Homeless. We’ll be doing a variety of actions they need help with for their Saturday visitors. It is a great opportunity to do two very important things. First, come as yourself if you wish. That’s right, if you’ve never or rarely been out in public dressed as yourself, then this is an opportunity for you to be be yourself in public with others. Or if you are tiring of the bar and party scene to be yourself, come as yourself for this!. Second, you’ll be helping others who need the help. What a great double play!
Ideally BMH is looking for 4-7 volunteers for this event, so hopefully we can get a small group together! If people are up for it then we will likely grab something to eat nearby after volunteering.
All the details:
- Event: Saturday Afternoon Activities at Barbara McInnis House
- Date: February 22, 2020
- Time: 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Location: Barbara McInnis House, 780 Albany Street Boston, MA 02118
- Details: We will be running afternoon activities at the Barbara McInnis House, a respite care facility on the campus of Boston Medical Center. The activity will be something like arts and crafts, cake decorating, etc. though we have not nailed down the specific activity yet. Volunteers will meet at Barbara McInnis House at 12:30 PM.
- Parking: There is metered parking on Albany Street and a parking garage a block or so east of BMH. BMH is also accessible from a number of bus lines.
- Who to Contact: Please reach out via the following ways to let us know you’ll volunteer to join us: