The need for community and support for transgender people is greater than ever. Our work at the Trans Club of New England looks different this year but is as vital as ever.
Here are some highlights of the free resources we have provided our community during the pandemic:
- Workshop Wednesdays: The best of First Event streamed live every week to educate, inform, connect, and entertain.
- In-Person Gatherings: We were able to host our in-person socials for a few months during the pandemic lull this summer
- Virtual Socials: Just a casual virtual room for anybody to drop in to chat, to make friends and connect with others.
- Fall Fellowship: We hosted a socially-distanced outdoor social last month to bring community together one last time before hunkering down for the winter.
- Transgender in the Workplace Panel Discussion: Several of us from the TCNE leadership team supported a panel discussion hosted by the Massachusetts LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
- Direct support for Trans Resistance and the Trans Emergency Fund: TCNE conducted multiple matching fundraisers to support both Trans Resistance and the Trans Emergency Fund. These are two essential local charities working hard to uplift all trans voices and give support to trans people in need.
With the cancellation of First Event 2021, we have lost our primary source of funding that usually sustains us throughout the year. If you are in a position to support charities this year on Giving Tuesday, we hope that you’ll consider supporting TCNE. We appreciate donations of any size, from $5 to $500 or more.